Family Updates – July 16, 2021
Hello Cooksville Families,
Provincial Roadmap to reopening: https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario
Phase 3 of the government’s reopening plan begins today, Friday, July 16th, along with further easing of visitation restrictions in long term care homes. Please see below for an overview.
● There are no restrictions to the number of visitors a resident may have, provided the space allows for physical distancing both indoors and outdoors.
● A reminder that all visitors will go through screening in, and indoor visits require a negative rapid test result prior to entry to the home.
*Fully vaccinated, asymptomatic visitors do not require rapid testing, given they provide proof, i.e. a copy of their second dose certificate, hard copy or email. Fully vaccinated is two doses, post 14 days from the second dose. *
*Please continue to be patient as we will be busier at certain times- thank you. *
● All residents regardless of vaccination status may leave their long-term care homes for day and overnight social outings and trips. Please ensure overnight leave of absences are pre-arranged with the home and that Public Health guidelines are followed at all times.
*Note any resident returning from an overnight absence must be PCR tested and isolated until the results are received*
● One dose or non-vaccinated visitors will be tested twice weekly.
● Regardless of vaccination status, masks must be worn at times both indoor and outdoor.
● If a resident is being cared for under contact droplet precautions, only essential caregivers are permitted and must wear full PPE.
● There is no longer a limit on the number of people who can be designated as a caregiver by a resident or their substitute decision-maker, although the processes to designate persons as caregivers continue to be in place, which includes mandatory in-person infection prevention and control (IPAC) education.
● The visits may take place in a resident’s room or designated visitation area.
● Personal care services such as hairdressing can resume (personal care service providers are considered general visitors if they are not staff of the licensee or designated caregivers.)
● Fully vaccinated essential caregivers and residents may participate in activities together, including dining.
● Regardless of resident and visitor vaccination status, brief hugs can take place. Where both the resident and visitors are fully immunized, close physical contact, including hand holding, can take place safely.
● To be fair to all residents and families we are keeping visits to a 60 minute timeframe, as we also need to allow time to sanitize the visitation areas between visits.
● Pets are permitted outdoors only and must remain on a leash at all times.
*A reminder that restrictions may need to be reimplemented should a home go into an outbreak, and increased flexibility comes with residents, caregivers and general visitors being fully vaccinated
Additional updates within the Home:
As the stages in the community adjust, our LTC home is allowing these services back into our home!
The hairdresser is returning to cooksville care centre! Please contact reception for your loved one to be included on the upcoming visits!
Dentist will be coming to cooksville Friday July 30th to arrange an appointment please contact Direct dentistry directly at:
Business: (416) 964-0465
Toll Free: (877) 964-0465
We invite you to check in for future updates on our website at: